While I was at the church yesterday for the potluck, I thought back to the history of that building. It was a member funded and member built chapel. I remember mom getting dad to agree to donate their tax return to help. She was so happy. We had sacrifice dinners and auctions to raise money. Somehow, we did it! The superintendent of the project was our bishop, Bishop Woodhouse, and members would go down to help where they could. Milo helped lay the insulation in the cultural hall. He and some of his buddies showed up early one morning so they could help with the steeple. I wasn't much help...but I do remember cleaning windows as the building was being readied for dedication.
Towards the end of the evening, I walked around the building, capturing all of the special places that held so many memories.
| The chapel |
| especially the choir loft |
| and the sacrament table |
![]() |
| where Todd, Johnny, and JJ spent so many years blessing the sacrament. (This picture is from mom's memorial service.) |
| The bishop's office. I happened to time it when Bishop Bob was there. |
| The RS room. I taught lot's and lots of RS and SS lessons in this room, not to mention countless choir practices. |
| The cultural hall-so many dinners, parties, ball games, road shows and talent shows. The list could go on and on. |
| The kitchen |

No comments:
Post a Comment