Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Beach Staycation

I was scheduled to go to Utah this last weekend for the girl's dance concert.  I had coverage for mom all arranged.  As they say, my bags were pack (not really)!  When I felt it wasn't safe to go there, I made quick plans for a beach staycation.  I booked a room on the beach at Sunset Beach and decided I'd play tourist at home.

Sunday--Seal Beach
After checking into my hotel, I walked to Seal Beach.  First stop was the Seal Beach Pier.  It brought back memories of the old HB pier before it was rebuilt.  Old, wooded beams...so cool

Sweet Jill's Bakery makes the best cinnamon rolls around, 
and dinner was on the back patio of a classic, Woody's.
 

My hotel was perfectly located, right on PCH, between Huntington and Seal Beach, only a few steps away from the sun and sand!

And I certainly got my steps in!!

Monday--Bike ride
I borrowed Amy's bike and rode from Sunset Beach  all the way down to the end of the trail in Balboa!!  A total of 28 miles!!  I left my hotel at 10 and got back at 5:30.  

Of course I took many breaks...
I checked out the shops on Mail Street of Huntington...

Walked to the end of all three piers...
Huntington Beach

Newport Beach

Balboa

I also had a Balboa Bar and rode the ferry in Balboa, ate a sandwich at Ruby's, and had a couple of nonscheduled stops to get the feeling back in my bottom!







Luckily, the wind was my friend the entire day!

Tuesday--Laguna Beach
I hadn't been to Laguna in years, so I spent the day exploring the many beaches.
First up, Hastler Park and the steps down to the beach.


















Then the boardwalk at Main Beach...and yes, I hummed "under the boardwalk" was I walked along!!
My treat for the day was a delicious gelato.




Last stop was Victoria Beach with it's iconic pirate tower.  Evidently I missed the blowhole that was right next to it!!  OPPS!!



Wednesday--Sunset Beach
Not five minutes from my hotel room!!  Heaven

#myhappyplace  #thesuncooperated  #homeagainhomeagainjiddityjig

No comments:

Post a Comment