July was a pretty quiet month...evidently, not even a puzzle completed!! Carson earned some money by power washing the house.
The beach looks a little more normal. Lots of Jr. lifeguards and the fire pits were uncovered and ready for use.
Even though school is starting out on line, Amy felt more in control with her room ready, so I spent a day in her classroom.
...and the girl's dance recital was missed, for the second time! I was planning a trip up to see it, but the week before, 20 cousins had a fun weekend together and I thought it just wasn't safe to be there.
I realize that this pandemic is just an inconvenience for me. I have a house that's paid for so I don't need to worry about being foreclosed on. My car is also paid for. My retirement check just keeps showing up in my checking account on the first of every month. I really have nothing to complain about. But I do miss people. I miss hugs and handshakes. I miss walks with friends. I miss family time. All very minor compared to how some people are suffering, but very real to me.



No comments:
Post a Comment