Wednesday, January 1, 2020
Review, Reflect, Recommit
Happy New Year!! I love the new year. It gives me a time to review, reflect, and recommit. For a few weeks now, I have been reviewing and reflecting about the past year. What went well and what still needs to be worked on. I did great on a couple of my goals like finishing the kids scrapbook pages and the blog entries for all the grandkids. But I failed miserably with the notes to my friends. I made it three months and then nothing! I went to the temple regularly, but seldom with a friend.
As I have been thinking about this new year, I have identified a couple of places that I want to recommit.
**I want to increase my testimony of fasting. I find it very easy to talk myself out of fasting, and when I do fast, it seems that I'm only going without food, it's not been a spiritual experience. I'd like for that to change. So, I'm going to fast every fast Sunday, beginning with a prayer and a purpose. I'm also going to read 12 conference talks about fasting. And if that isn't enough, I'm going to go to the temple once each month, fasting and I'm going to bear my testimony this year, not just during my RS class, but in Sacrament meeting.
**I'm going to continue with the kids scrapbooks, completing three more years for each kid.
**My social goals seem to be the hardest for me. I've tried to figure out something that would be good for me, stretch me a little, but something that I can accomplish. I'm going to make and send birthday cards to my family and friend this year.
**I've had mixed success with my physical goals in the past. This year, I'm going to continue to eat healthier and exercise more. I'll continue with a personal trainer once a month. I'm also gong to go back to an older goal that I let slip. I'm going to do my hair and makeup, even on days that I'm not going anywhere. I feel so much better when I'm presentable!
It has been pointed out to me that I'm an all or nothing kind of person. That needs to change. And this is the perfect time to that. I want to be a little bit better today than yesterday...a little bit better this week than last week...a little bit better this year than last year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment