For as long as I can remember, mom always said that Todd would get her car when she died. As a high school kid, I'm sure this thrilled him. After she stopped driving, however, she decided to give him the car then, instead of it just sitting in the garage going no where and taking up space. It needed a new home. Todd was traveling for work every week, so this was a good deal for him...a car to leave at the airport. One time, obviously in the winter, I flew in just as he was landing. We met up in the terminal and as we got to the car, this is what we found! What is a California car doing with all this snow on top of it?! I'm sure it just didn't know what to think!!
Fast forward a few years and Tayson is ready to start driving. Mom's old Stratus was just perfect for a new driver. It became his to go to and from school and to run the kids around after school to dance, swimming and the like. Then it happened!! Tayson was going slowly to go around a corner near his house when the entire wheel came off!! Not just the tire, but the entire wheel! Luckily, he was going slow, in the right lane, and near home when it happened and no one got hurt.
After some research, and some soul searching, it was decided that the car was not worth fixing...and they really needed a car they could trust. So, one day last week, I received this text from Todd.
 |
| End of an era :( |
Yep! Gone, but not forgotten!!
No comments:
Post a Comment