It really didn't hit me that Amy was having twins until she was in the hospital, in labor, and there were two isolettes!! There really were going to be two babies. As I was waiting in the waiting room, a nurse walked into Amy's room and I heard a cry. Baby #1 was born! A few minutes later (actually five minutes, as Emma won't let Wyatt forget!) I heard another cry. Baby #2 was here. That was Wyatt. A strong baby with mighty lungs.
From the start, he had that wide, infectious smile A cross between "I'm really having fun" and "What trouble can I get into?"

And Wyatt seemed to be the one to leap before
he looked. Yep, a little impulsive making him the first with stitches and a broken bone. Once, when we were in Canada for a Mortensen Family reunion, Wyatt was missing. After looking everywhere, we found him INSIDE the horses paddock, not even a little bit afraid.
I love his wide smile, his freckled face, his fun loving expressions, and his outgoing personality. He is so fun to be around. If I want a "crazy" picture of some embarrassing pose, he is the one I call on. And he never disappoints. On our vacation to Lake Tahoe, our house had a banister going up to the second floor. It reminded me of the picture of Wyatt with his head caught many years ago. So, I asked him to recreate that pose for me, and he did!!
.
I love this smart, crazy, adventurous young man. He is such a joy. I'm so proud of who he has become and I'm excited to see where he is headed. I love you bunches,Sweetheart.
No comments:
Post a Comment