Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Surprise!!!


And by surprise, I mean knock me over with a feather, surprise!  Todd, Kathy, and the kids had planned this trip, with the help of Amy, for a couple of weeks.  They even turned off their locators on their phones so I wouldn't see that they were on the way here, and parked down the next block so I wouldn't see their car!  Meals had been planned and babysitters for grandma had been arranged.  Even as I type this, I can't believe that they pulled it off!!  It was a magical weekend.

Milo and Gale came over Saturday morning so we could spend the day at the beach.  So much fun!  The day was perfect.









Sadly, we took no pictures of our cookout, except an exciting game of 'Spikeball".

Monday was spent at Disneyland.  Amy and Todd took off of work, let the kids skip school and joined us for the day.  We were there from opening to closing---15 hours and thousands of steps!!
The big draw from most was our first chance to see the new Star Wars Land.  And I will say, it did not disappoint. Disney really knows how to do things right.
The new ride was fun and interactive, the decor was amazing, and the the props and displays were out of this world.

























In my mind, the only downside was the blue and green milk.  The blue was tolerable, but the green was disgusting.













The rest of the day was so fun.  Lots of rides...lots of walking...





...and in one case, lots of water!!  Splash Mountain drenched both Amy and me.  It was like taking a shower with our clothes on.  By the end of the ride, Todd M was laughing so hard, he couldn't breathe!!
I wish this picture had my whole body.  But, just look at my hair!! 
And we had one more drop to go!!

It took all day to stop dripping!!

The draw for me wasn't so much Star Wars Land as it was the Electric Parade.  I was so excited to be able to see it again.




Tuesday was just the Johnson's at California Adventure.  It was a perfect day, not too hot, not too crowded.  We were able to ride the family favorites several times.  By the end of the day, we were all exhausted!!
Not my favorite ride.  It scares me to death. 
Notice the look on my face!!

By the third time, it wasn't so bad.  I even let go long enough to make
a peace sign!!!

After my experience yesterday on Splash Mountain,
I decided not to try Grizley Rapids.  The guy that got drenched
is sitting where I would have been!!

Good decision!!




By the end of our time, I still couldn't believe how wonderful for the surprise.  It was an amazing week with my favorite people.

No comments:

Post a Comment