Or rather, I haven't had a bath for 7 months! My bathtub stopped draining! It was the original galvanized peach tub that came with the house, and I guess 50 plus years of bubble baths just got to be too much for those old pipes. After trying to snake it and then some toxic chemicals, it was decided I needed new pipes, which meant a new bathtub. After a couple of false starts with different contractors, I decided to do it myself. I could arrange for the different people to come and do the work. Right?!
Well, I did it, but it was a lot harder and more frustrating than I thought!
When Darin, my plumber, got into the pipes, there was no wonder why they stopped draining!


Darin gutted the tub and one wall so he could repipe the water overhead instead in the slab.
Trying to find the right tub took weeks. Thank goodness for Todd M for talking me off the ledge and finally ordering one. Then the construction could finally begin.
 |
| ...the drywall put back up... |
 |
| The tub was installed... |
...and the tile work completed.
I absolutely love the finished product!
No comments:
Post a Comment