Monday, August 21, 2017

The Great American Eclipse

Evidently, this eclipse was a bigger deal than I thought.  This was the first total solar eclipse to cross the continuous United Stated in 99 years!  You would have to go back to 1257 in order to find another eclipse which touched only American soil!  When will the next one happen?  2316!  I guess this was a pretty big deal.
Todd, Kathy, and kids ventured up to Casper, Wyoming to view the eclipse.  Kathy's brother, Mark, lives there, and they wanted to be in the Totality Zone.












I made a shadow box and viewed it that way.  It was pretty cool, even though we only got about 70% complete.



I will say that the completeness looked more on the paper in the box than the pictures taken on my phone.  Maybe I should have tried my good camera?



No comments:

Post a Comment