My spiritual goal was to continue with the KBYU discussion of the Book of Mormon. Well, I continued, for a while, and then again, life happened and I allowed other things to get in the way.
My physical goal was 50,000 steps a week. I did great until the summer months, when it just got too hot, or so I thought. My social goal was to continue keeping up with my friend through social media. I did great. I even found a long lost friend and reconnected with her. But, the second half of that goal was to chat more with my family. I actually talked a lot more with my brothers, but not so much with their wives. And the facetiming of grandkids didn't happen either. I feel a total failure!
So, with my never-give-up attitude, and some creative thinking, I'm doing things differently this year.
My goal this year is to take care of myself, in whatever form that takes. I am going to read and pray, fix my hair and makeup (not just on Sunday), treat my body better with some exercise and healthy eating and find time for hobbies and activities that I enjoy. Some "me time". And yes, even some pampering every once in a while. And instead of making yearly goals, I am going to tackle this one week at a time. I can do anything for a week, right? And if I mess up, I can reboot on Sunday and start again. An example, this last Sunday, I decided that for this week I would read my scriptures every day, pray every day, fix my hair and makeup at least 5 times, walk 5 times, and eat no snacks, except fruit, and nothing after dinner. Next week may look different. We'll see. I figure as long as I am trying, heading in the right direction, it's all good.
Here's to a healthy and happy new year.
No comments:
Post a Comment