Saturday, April 26, 2014

Another 5K Finished

It seemed like someone didn't want me to run this race...a broken finger, rain the night before, a windy morning, a course that wasn't flat, and to top it off, I forgot my garmin, had to drive back home to get it, and ran to the starting point as they were announcing, "2 minutes to start"!!!   But, I did it!  And I'm very proud of myself.  It wasn't my best race, or even my best practice time, but I was very pleased considering I stopped training for 5 months, and practically had to start all over again.  My split times were 12:33, 12:40, and 13:52...an average pace of 12:59.  That's the best time since last September.  I will say my time could have been better if it were not for a big, long hill at the start of the 3rd mile.  Over all...I'm very happy and looking forward to bettering it in July.






No comments:

Post a Comment