Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Our Nursery

The Sunday before I left for Hawaii, my friend, Lori Fronk, spoke at church about the love God has for us.  She talked about how we, as new parents, spent so much time, energy, and love planning and preparing the babies nursery.  We picked out just the right colors to paint the walls.  We researched to find out which crib would be the safest.  We chose toys to help him grow and develop.  All this was done in love for this little baby we hadn't even met yet, but we already loved him so much.
She compared all of this to the creation.  God loves us so much that he took his time, energy, and effort to make us the most beautiful "nursery".  He picked out just the right colors...and made everything for us, to help us grow and develop.  He wanted us to have beauty to live in, to inspire us, and to help us be happy.
I kept thinking of Lori's talk the entire time I was in Hawaii.  My "nursery" was amazing.  Every sunrise, every flower, every waterfall, everything pointed to the fact that God loves me very much.  I was in awe of the beauty of the world around me.  Thank you Lori for pointing that out and thank you, God for loving me.




No comments:

Post a Comment