One of my favorite things about teaching 5th grade is Colonial Day. It all started many years ago when a ballet mom told me about her school's activities. It sounded fun, so I took the idea to my team mates and Colonial Day was born. It has evolved into an all day activity with the kids rotating through cooking, candle making, tin punching, games, dance, quilting, pen and ink, and orienteering. It is a lot of work, and we need about twenty-five parents to help, but it is so worth it. The kids have a blast, and it turns out to be one of those memories that they will never forget. This year I took the time out to make my own candle! It actually ended up much bigger by the time I was done.
Friday, April 1, 2011
Colonial Day
One of my favorite things about teaching 5th grade is Colonial Day. It all started many years ago when a ballet mom told me about her school's activities. It sounded fun, so I took the idea to my team mates and Colonial Day was born. It has evolved into an all day activity with the kids rotating through cooking, candle making, tin punching, games, dance, quilting, pen and ink, and orienteering. It is a lot of work, and we need about twenty-five parents to help, but it is so worth it. The kids have a blast, and it turns out to be one of those memories that they will never forget. This year I took the time out to make my own candle! It actually ended up much bigger by the time I was done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment