Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday's Memory

Switzerland--2007

I love to travel, and thankfully, my friend, Ann does also. We decided to go to Switzerland in July. It was amazing. We had so much fun and felt like experienced travelers, traveling by train and staying in a youth hostel. By the end of the week, we were expert at jumping on and off trains, and we usually ended up where we meant to be! Two memories stand out from that trip.
**Our trip to Zurmott and the Matterhorn. We stayed in a very cute, little hotel with a great view of the Matterhorn. But as Ann was oohing and aahing about the view of the mountain, I was just as excited about the great, claw footed bath tub in the bathroom.
The next day we took a cog train inside a tunnel that went straight up. (At least it felt that way to me!) And then, after that ordeal, we had to get in a gondola and go up higher. As you know, I'm afraid of heights and this was quite a challenge for me. But the view was worth it, and the walk down the mountain was amazing. At one point, I just had to throw out my arms, turn around and around, and belt out "the hills are alive with the sound of music." Beautiful wild flowers and small streams were everywhere.
**Our train pass also included boat rides on Lake Geneva. One day, just as a boat was about to leave, we jumped on before finding out where it was going. Talk about being adventurous. As it turned out, it wasn't going anywhere close to where we needed to be, so we had to get off at the next city and catch a train to get home. A little embarrassing, but we still laugh about it. We also saw some of the largest fields of sunflowers I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment