Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday's Memory



Christmas--1955

I remember this Christmas very well. It was the year Santa came in the form of Grandma and Grandpa Busby! We were living in La Puente and Grandma and Grandpa came for a visit. When they pulled up to our house, their car was piled high with gifts. I mean, there were tons of them. When we asked where all of the presents came from, they smiled and said that they had run into Santa on their way and he asked if they could take some of our gifts to us! Holy cow...we were believers.
There is one other thing I remember about this Christmas. You can't see them in this picture, but on my feet is my new pair of tap shoes! How I loved those shoes. I was taking dancing lessons from Dennis, the Mouseketeer. He was one the the lesser known, but that didn't matter to me. I loved dancing. Unfortunately, either I didn't have the talent or we didn't have the money, because they didn't last long. But the love of dance has always been a part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment