Monday, January 12, 2026

My Testimony

 Emma's last email encouraged us to bear our testimony, however sweet or simple.  It took me a few days to collect my thoughts, but I have now sent her my testimony.  I decided I should share that post here, too.  I want my posterity to know that I had a firm belief of God's love for me.

Hi sweetheart.  I actually tried to make a voice memo about this yesterday on my walk, but the traffic noises were too loud so it was difficult to hear me.  So, I'll try it this way.
When you talked about testimonies being sweet and simple, it really hit a chord with me, because I've always thought that.  When ever I'm doubting or confused, when I need some reassurance, I usually go to primary songs
"Pray, He is there. Speak, He is listening. You are His child, His love now surrounds you.  He hears your prayers. He loves the children. Of such is the kingdom, the Kingdom of  Heaven"
I have had too many times in my life that my prayers have been answered to doubt. I know He hears me.  I know He loves me.  I know He is in my life.
Another primary song..." I know my Father lives and loves me, too.  The spirit whispers this to me and tell me it is true.  He sent me here to Earth, by faith to live His plan.  The spirit whispers this to me and tells me that I can."  Nothing is too hard.  We need to live by faith, not necessarily a perfect knowledge. That knowledge will come step by step as we act by that faith.
Last song is a choir favorite of mine, "Believe in Christ"  The chorus..."I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only begotten, who came to the Earth to atone for my sins.  I know God loves me and His spirit will guide me. He is my redeemer, my Savior and King."
When those doubts or concerns come, I go back to the basics.  God lives and loves me.  He hears and answers my prayers.  Act by faith, not fear. Jesus Christ is my savior, redeemer, and king.  Everything else is fluff.  I love you and I appreciate this invitation.  I'm not sure I have ever written any of this down.

No comments:

Post a Comment