While I was in Utah for Claire's "graduation", my stake back home had a special stake conference and disbanded my ward! Yes, my ward since 1961...my ward of 65 years...my ward since I was in 7th grade...where my friends are like family.
First, they changed our name from Huntington Beach North Stake to Sunset Beach Stake. Then they rearranged boundaries so that a few of us will join the Edinger Ward and become the Magnolia Ward. When I say a few, I mean five couples, two families with teenagers, one older brother, and five older single sisters. And maybe the worst part is that we aren't meeting in our building. We have to drive 20-25 minutes away to Bolsa and past Brookhurst. Sitting in Todd's front room, watching this unfold over zoom was awful. I felt like my life was just ripped away.
The rest of our was kept together, changed their name to Springdale, and are going to the McFadden Building.
This is going to be such a challenge. I don't make friends well or fast. I don't like change. I don't understand why this happened.
No comments:
Post a Comment