Yes, you read that right. Several months ago Amy decided to enter a half-marathon...that's 13.1 miles!! Todd and Emma decided to join her. They trained (mostly Amy) for months and found a race that didn't run on a Sunday in St George. I went up with them as their cheering section. As it turned out, Emma got sick and couldn't participate, so she and Owen joined the cheering section. I dropped Amy and Todd off at the starting line early Saturday morning, went back to the hotel to pick up Emma and Owen, and then found several placed we could see them and cheer them on. Amy ran most of the first three quarters of the race, surprising herself. Todd walked the entire way. It was extra wonderful to meet them at the finish line. I am so proud of both of them. They are proof that when you commit, you can do hard things.
No comments:
Post a Comment