Well, it's official...Carson is now a fulltime missionary! When he received his call he found out his MTC would start with a home MTC experience for a week and then on to Provo for two more weeks. His start date was Monday, July 25th. The very day the family was scheduled to leave for a Mortensen reunion in Colorado. I offered to be Carson's companion for the first part of the MTC so the family could go to at least part of their vacation. He was set apart a day early, actually Saturday night late, they drove off early Sunday AM, and Carson and I started the MTC at my house.
He started in my old room, but discovered it was the warmest room in the house, so he switched to Amy's room. He was up at 6:30, started zoom classes at 7:30, and a short lunch, and then back to more classes until 5 or so. Most days he was done then. We watched lots of G rated movies in the evening along with the start of season 2 of The Chosen. And a trip to Crystal Court of dinner at Ruby's and shopping for a watch.
On Thursday, I drove him home to finish out the week with his family. I loved having him here and being able to share this experience with him. He is going to be a great missionary.
No comments:
Post a Comment