![]() |
| Notice the lack of traffic!! |
Today, as I looked at my calendar (I actually hadn't even turned the page from March, and this is April 7!!) to see what I need to post about, I realized that everything I had planned had been cancelled! Mom's birthday party--cancelled. Dentist appointments--cancelled. Massage-- cancelled. Church, Relief Society lesson, stake choir, Woman's conference--all cancelled!! The last month had all been cancelled!! We are living in an unprecedented time, where, for the last four weeks, we have all been asked to stay at home. Everything except essential services have all closed. Everyone that is able is working from home. Schools have been closed and everyone is being home schooled, with the teachers providing lessons via the internet. And this is not just southern California, not just the US, but the entire world. A global pandemic!!So, how have mom and I fared the last four weeks? Amazingly well.
Because we had to cancel mom's birthday party, everyone improvised. My favorite was when the Mortensen's facetimed her with a partially eaten banana cream pie with a candle in the middle. They sang happy birthday to her and then had her blow on the screen to blow out the candle. It miraculously went out! So sweet and so thoughtful. The next week, she had a delivery of all of her favorite treats.
After a week or so, I felt I needed to connect with my neighbors, so I made cookies, called them all to see that they were OK, and then delivered cookies to their door steps.
We have also been the recipient of some thoughtful gestured from friends.
So, how have we kept busy???
| Become a puzzle expert |
| Got the bird feeder ready for Spring |

Met Amy and the kids for a "socially distancing" acceptable lunch date.
| Spent lots of time on Amy's "Mortensen Journal" |

No comments:
Post a Comment