Monday, January 1, 2018

New Year's Goals 2018


Last year, I tried something different, something new.  The traditional method of creating yearly goals just didn't seem to work very well for me.  So instead, I made weekly goals, ones that could be adjusted and adapted as time went on.  Every Sunday, during the sacrament, I would reflect on the past week and how I did with that weeks goals, and then I would identify what I wanted to work on for the next week.  Both the reflection and the new goal setting were written down in a little book that I kept in my purse.  Some examples of weekly goals from last year are: follow the weight watcher program, attend the temple, call a friend, give service every day, read my scriptures every day, do my hair, put on makeup, call my brothers, or visit a friend.  I didn't try to do all of this every week, but tried to do somethings to become a better, happier person.
As I reflect back on this past year, I think this approach was very successful.  I wrote almost every week and I feel I'm a much better person for it.  I have taken better care of myself; hair, makeup, weight and I am much closer to my Heavenly Father by praying and scripture reading almost every day.  I've attend the temple more and I've given much more service.  My relationship with mom has greatly improved as my attitude has changed--I find myself smiling more, laughing more, and am better able to let the little things slide.
I think I even have a healthier attitude about my weight.  At first I felt a total failure because I lost 27 pounds and then gained most of it back.  But as I look at this chart for the year, I lost some weight, kept it off for several months before I gained some of it back.  But I'm lighter than I was last year at this time.  I call that a win!!

This next year I am going to continue with this program, continue with getting my body strong and healthy.  I'm also going to continue with prayers and scripture reading.  I am, however, going to add scripture study and concentrate on being more social, working on my relationships with family and friends.
Here's to a happy, healthy, and productive New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment