Monday, September 4, 2017

San Diego Weekend---Goodbye Summer!

Amy and family invited me to join them for a quick weekend to San Diego, the last hurrah of summer.  I was running a little early, and they were running a little late, so I had time for a side trip to the San Diego Temple, always a wonderful way to begin a fun weekend.








After we hooked up at the hotel, off we went to Mission Bay for some water adventures.
We rented a two-man kayak and had a blast with it.

 We also rented a SUP (stand up paddle board) which proved to be much more challenging! 
Everyone made it look so easy...
 ...but believe me, it wasn't!
I love the look of glee on Carson's face when he got me to fall!
 Everyone had a great time playing "king of the board"...

...and everyone found creative ways to get off of the board.

 It was such a fun afternoon.


Sunday morning, we tried to find a ward to attend.  After a false start, and a quick trip to the beach to fill in  the time, we attended a YSA ward.  It was fun to be the only white shirts and long pants on the beach.



















Then it was a quick change of clothes and off to Old Town.  I had never been before, so I wasn't sure what to expect.


The Mormon Battalion was very interesting, and I learned a lot.  Carson was chosen to enlist, so that made it even more fun.




















The other highlights of Old Town, delicious root beer floats and a very fun candle and bubble bath store.



















Monday was spent at the Zoo.  What fun.  I especially liked the elephants and the monkeys.



















We stayed at the Homewood Suites and they had fun games to play in the courtyard.  Carson and Wyatt had a great game of chess, Carson and I got into ping pong, and Amy and Wyatt had a rousing game of Jinga.    It was a fabulous weekend.  Thank you Amy and Todd for including me.























No comments:

Post a Comment