Monday, February 13, 2017

Monday's Memory--Powder Puff Football

I have been working with a group of high school friends to organize our 50th high school reunion. First, let me say I can't believe it's been 50 years since I graduated for WHS.  My goodness, where have the years gone?  Second, I have loved working with these women, these long time girl friends. It has been wonderful to reconnect.  And because a lot of our meeting include the words. "do you remember...?", it has caused me to stop and reflect on some of my wonderful high school memories.
One of the things we talked about this last week was out powder puff football game.


Out team was made up of the leadership of the high school.  We had football players as our coaches and cheer leaders.  And even had a "homecoming" ceremony crowning one of the guys our homecoming queen.
The "big game" was against our rival, Marina.  And yep, we lost!  But, it was really fun to participate and hang out with these great girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment