Monday, May 30, 2016

Mondays Memory--Hotel Robes

When Ann and I went to Victoria in April 2013, we stayed at a very fancy hotel, The Empress.  The room came with the use of a very lush bathrobe.  One morning, we decided we need to document our trip by taking a "selfie" before they were popular or even called selfies.  We stacked stuff up to get the camera the right height and then used the timer on the camera to get this picture.  I remember we laughed a lot.  And I seem to remember, Ann's cup was empty, just for effect.


My Alaska cruise came with an in-room robe.  And immediately, my mind went back to Ann and our picture together.  So, one morning, when I didn't have an early tour to catch, I stacked up stuff to get the camera the right height, set the timer on my camera, and shot away.  It's not nearly as much fun alone.  I miss Ann.  And again, the cup is empty!

This is what I had to do to get the picture!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment