Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Spring Break That Didn't Happen

It seemed like the "perfect storm" causing us to cancel our annual trip to Palm Springs during Spring Break.  First, the weather was going to be HOT...and by hot, I mean hovering around 100*.  That's pretty warm, even if you are in the pool the entire time.  Next, what to do with mom?  Last year she came and stayed in the room most of the time, but with her ailing arm, I wasn't comfortable with that. And with the hot temperatures, it wasn't very feasible to have her sit by the pool with us for the day.
And last, Amy's house is coming along quicker that she thought, so she needed to spend some time trying to figure out room decor for the bedrooms.  It was OK to be flexible and cancel the  trip, it was even my idea, but I made sure they knew that it was just for this one year...next year, it's back to the desert!

No comments:

Post a Comment