New Year's Eve morning started with crash! While I was taking a shower, mom decided she needed to go to the bathroom and went into the bathroom with no raised toilet. She didn't quite make it. She fell into the tub, bit her lip, knocked out a tooth, and broke her arm! She was admitted into the hospital not only because of her arm, but also a urinary tract infection and high blood pressure.
After two days in the hospital, she was taken to Manor Care, a rehab facility, where she could get her strength back and help her learn to function without her right arm.
After a trip to the orthopedic doctor and she came out sporting this cast...of course it was purple...go Lakers!!!
Almost four weeks later, two trips to the ER, two hospital stays, and three weeks in rehab, she finally came home. She sat in her chair and cried, saying that she didn't think she would ever be home again.
A home therapy guy, John, came twice weekly to help her get her strength back.
And finally, seven weeks later...it's off!!!
One of the funny things to remember...mom had a hard time remembering not to try to get out of bed without help. I put her hamper beside her bed, so she couldn't get out, but she just kicked it over and tried to go around. I finally got my tambourine and put it on the hamper. When she tried to move the hamper, the noise would wake me up and I could help her. Problem solved!
No comments:
Post a Comment