Sunday, December 14, 2014

Stake Christmas Fireside

I will admit, when I got called to the Stake President's office last April, and was called to be the Stake Music Chairman and choir director, I felt disappointed.  I seemed, to me, it was not a call of inspiration, but one of "who can do this?"  I remember sharing these thoughts with my good friend, Lori Fronk, and she told me I could make this calling as spiritual as I wanted it to be.  That was a new thought for me, choir director as a spiritual calling.  I have taken her advice to heart and really tried to get the Lord's guidance in all that I have done, especially the Stake Christmas Fireside. I was in charge of the entire thing; music, publicity, program, decorations, refreshments...it was pretty over whelming.  But I prayed a lot, fasted some, attended the temple regularly, and I was amazed by the Lord's hand in every aspect. He guided me to just the right music, put a story in my path when I was looking for one, and even put words in my mouth as I attempted to write the narration.  It was an amazing experience for me...one that I won't forget.  Lesson learned?  The Lord puts you where you need to be and provides help when you ask for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment