Sunday, August 24, 2014

It Takes All Kinds

One of the things I like to do during my walk/runs is to say hi to people I pass.  I have actually made a few "friends" that I see regularly.  One man, Sam, always says hi.  I see him a couple of times a week, and we sometimes stop and chat for a minute.
There is also a man that I have met while he is waiting for the bus, his bike with his lunch in a plastic bag standing against the bus stop pole.
There is an elderly couple that I often see, the man walking a few steps in front of his wife.
Many people cheer me on as I go by, saying things like,"way to go!" or "good for you".
I will say that the people on the Provo River Trail seem to be the friendliest.  Almost everyone has a smile or a hello for you as you go by.
I've had nothing but positive responses from the people I have met...until yesterday morning.  As I was walking along the Monterey beach trail, a lady on a bike came riding by.  I smiled and said "good morning".  Her response..."Go to Hell"!  I guess it takes all kinds of people to make up this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment