Thursday, September 5, 2013

Disney Cruise

We have been talking and planning this trip for a LONG time...and it finally came

Saturday-Sunday
We flew from LAX to Orlando, while Todd and family flew from SLC to Orlando.
























We met up Sunday morning for breakfast and took a shuttle to Port Canaveral where we boarded The Disney Dream...our home for the next 4 nights.

And had a fun "sail away" show with Mickey and all the gang.


We were right in the front, so every time they showed the stage on the big screen, there we were!  We figured out where the camera was, so the kids all got on the screen.

Monday--Nassau
We spent the day at a very posh resort, the Atlantis.  The pools were amazing, with all kinds of fun slides.  But the "not so lazy river" was probably my favorite.  It took 30 minutes to go around and it included rapids, waves, and slides.

















One of the slides ended in a shark tank!  Look closely and you'll see Tayson and Waytt and Luke and Carson on rafts, enclosed in a tube, riding thru them...one is just going over them and one is below!  Pretty cool.

What a very fun day...I even got a stamp in my passport

Tuesday--Castaway Cay

 Disney owns a whole island, so we spent the day there snorkeling...

 playing in the tubes...

 playing in the sand...
going bike riding...

and just having fun.

I love this picture of our ship taken from the lookout...it looks like it's floating on the tree tops!
Wednesday--day at sea
Some fun, random shots...
The kids Conga line
Enjoying our verandas
From the front of the ship, level 14


What are the odds of getting a stateroom with my same address?  Yes, it really happened!
Shuffleboard...I was awful!
The back of this beautiful ship.


















Pirates night was complete with dinner served by servers dressed in pirate costumes, a pirate stage show on deck, and fireworks off the side of the ship!

The kids favorite place to sit, the window seat.
The girl's all got their hair braided.












The fun creations that the stewards left on our  beds each night.





I could go on and on...some of you might think that is just what I did...but how can you take so much fun and so many memories and limit it to a few pictures...(between all of us, we took over 1400 pictures!)
One last adventure that I'm personally proud of...Castaway Cay 5K...This was my second 5K, and I was a little nervous about the heat and humidity.  Well, I did it, and then some...I got lost and ran an extra loop, so my 3 miles turned into 3.7!  No wonder I was so tired when I finally crossed the finish line.  Kathy and Amy got worried about me so Kathy ran back to find me and finished the race with me.








1 comment:

  1. Great post! You think I could just copy and paste onto my blog? Everyone's been asking about our cruise and I don't even know what to say because it was so fun!

    ReplyDelete