Friday, May 3, 2013
Surf City Run, July 4, 2013
As I looked at my bucket list, I realized that all I needed to check off the race one was to ENTER a 5K. It doesn't say anything about actually participating in the race! Then I looked up my goals for this year...
Second, physical. I am going to ENTER a 5K walk. I know that I could walk 5K right now, but that's not the point. I want to train, to get into better shape. So, I'm going to train and be ready for the HB 4th of July race.
Again, it just says to ENTER!!! And today I entered. So I guess I could check it off my list. But that was not the intent of either my list or my goal. I wanted to get into better shape. So I've started training. I started by just walking the 3 miles. After a few days of that, I started running a little. By a little, I mean a little. I run for 45 seconds twice every mile. And that is about to kill me. I have always found Kathy to be amazing, but I have a new found respect for her...how in the world can she run for over 3 hours without stopping when I can barely do 45 seconds. Well, I have 2 months to see if I can improve...and not die in the process! Wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment