![]() |
| This is me in 1972, on our way home from a trip to Colorado. |
Monday, November 19, 2012
Monday's Memory--Slots
The other day, as I was visiting with a woman in a scrapbook store, I
mentioned that I used to love to go to Las Vegas for a weekend. She
asked me if I gambled and I said no, I spent my time at a scrapbooking
store, getting lots of good ideas. But that wasn't always the case. I
used to love to play the slots! I figured it wasn't gambling if I only
played nickles and only spent $20 or so. I would spend all evening
finding that "lucky" machine and then see if I could win some money. Most of the time
the machine wasn't so lucky, and I came home with nothing. But one time, I hit the jackpot, winning a
a hundred dollars! That is a lot of nickles! I took that money home and used it to pay for a
needlepoint class I had been wanting to take.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment