Saturday, July 30, 2011

Idaho

Our annual Idaho trip was bitter-sweet this year. It's always great to gather at Dad's for some good food and family fun. But this year, one of the purposes of the trip was to go through Dad's things and help Mary make the house her home instead of Dad's. I loved the way we all worked together, smiling and laughing over pictures, mementos, and memories. I took home the fishing pole that I always used when Dad took us fishing. I think that is what I'll remember most about him...our fun fishing trips.

The party was great. We had the usual, fried chicken from Albertson's, salads, rolls, and cake. This year, Amy got the kids involved by helping them make their own "ice cream in a bag". The kids had a great time, even if most of them ended drinking it like a milk shake. And of course, the party wouldn't be complete without the croquette game.






























Todd, Kathy, and the kids came as well, so all 8 grandkids were there to play. We stayed at the Red Lion, the only place in Twin with an outdoor pool, so the kids could have some fun. I love family time!































No comments:

Post a Comment