Monday, June 13, 2011

It's definately official--retirement party

When I found out that I was the only one from San Joaquin retiring, I asked if I could have the kind of retirement party that I wanted; low key, casual, in a backyard, and kid friendly. My party was all that and more. Katy hosted it in her backyard with a beach theme. (My friends really know me well.) It was beautifully decorated all in turquoise and lime green with shells, buckets, and shovels all over the tables. We had a taco man cater it and dessert was, my favorite, strawberry shortcake. The best was that my mom, kids, and grand kids all attended. It was so fun to show everyone off. For a retirement gift, the staff gave me a Kindle and some gift cards to start my electronic library. I understand that travel is much easier when you only have to take the small Kindle instead of several books. I'm hoping to try out that theory very soon.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats! What are you going to do with all of your time??

    ReplyDelete