Monday, August 2, 2010

30th Anniversary


I love these women. They have been friends for almost 40 years. And they have been members of book group for 30 years. It all started as a Relief Society mini-class and has continued ever since. For our 25th anniversary, we traveled to England to visit the land of Austen, Shakespeare, Dickens and so many others. It was an amazing adventure. Our 30th anniversary celebration was much simpler, but just as meaningful. We had dinner at Fran's home, a discussion of the book for the month, Mr Pip, and then we chose our top 10, all time favorite books. It was amazing how many of us chose the same books. As I said before, I love these women. We have shared our lives through childbirth, teenage turmoil, death of loved ones, and now we are grandmas together. These women are some of my greatest blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment