
This past week, I took a quick trip to Boston. I had never been there and it's full of American history, so I decided it would be worth the trip. I arrived Tuesday night and only had time to walk around Boston Common before I went to bed. Wednesday, I walked the Freedom Trail. It's a walking path that connects 14 Revolutionary War sites including Paul Revere's house, the Old North Church, and the site of the Boston Massacre. I took a guided tour for the first part, and was on my own for the rest. It's amazing to think that so many important events happened in a 3 mile stretch. It was very hot and humid, but really interesting. Somehow, when you are there and see the area, history comes to life.
I loved the metro system, being able to go all over town without a car, even to and from the air port.
Thursday morning found me at the Boston temple. It is really a beautiful temple with very friendly and helpful workers. After I checked out of the hotel, I had a picnic lunch in the public gardens and caught the metro back to the airport. It was a really fast trip, but I loved every minute of it.

No comments:
Post a Comment